Amazon has detailed requirements when shipping to one of their FBA warehouses, and Freightos can make sure that all are included in your shipment.
Here’s how you can book your next Amazon shipment in less than 10 steps:
- Start by choosing whether you’re shipping boxes or pallets, or a full container, and enter the size, dimensions, and weight.
- Amazon requires most shipments to their FBA warehouses to be labeled correctly, and delivered on pallets, so the next step is to choose how you want your shipment labeled and palletized. We recommend having your supplier handle labeling and palletization, as the forwarder will charge extra for that.
- Now it’s time to tell us where the shipment is coming from and going to. The origin address is usually the factory overseas. The destination address will be the Amazon FBA warehouse that Amazon provides you in Seller Central. If you’re not sure which warehouse to choose, here’s some more information about what to look for.
- Last step for searching is adding any services you want. You can add customs brokerage, a customs bond, and insurance to your shipment. We can also help arrange services if your company is not registered as the importer of record in the United States.
- Note that quality inspection of your goods is not considered a freight service and therefore cannot be provided by our forwarders, but we’re happy to refer you to companies our shippers have used successfully.
- Now’s the fun part. You’ll see dozens of quotes from multiple freight forwarders. To find the one that works best for your shipment, you can sort and filter to narrow down the options according to price, transit time, forwarder, and more. If you’re not ready to book yet, you can save the quote. When you’ve found the right quote, press Book.
- Review your order summary and add a few key details, including your Amazon Reference ID and Amazon Shipment ID. Then pick your payment method to Pay and Place your Order.
- You’ll automatically be directed to your shipment page. There, you’ll need to provide full details about the consignor (sender of goods) and consignee (receiver of goods), as well as upload relevant documents, like your commercial invoice.
- Amazon will not serve as the consignee of your goods, so the address there should be the importer of record on your shipment.
- Our Freight Team will be in touch within 24 hours to arrange pickup and to convey any other relevant details. The freight forwarder will be in touch with your factory to coordinate the shipment pickup date from your supplier, at which point the forwarder will take responsibility for the shipment until delivery.